Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday, July 22

Collin seemed to be doing very well today. We got more rest than I expected last night, and he had a good nap today before lunch. He was interested in eating and playing. This afternoon I was feeling tired so I thought we'd both lay down and hopefully take a nap, but Collin thought it would be more fun to climb all over me and the bed for half an hour; he had a ball! He also enjoyed looking out the window and watching the construction for a little while; he pointed at the trucks and the crane, and then kept pointing over above the building where we saw the Lifelion helicopter coming in to land yesterday. I think he wanted to see it again. Tonight he had fun bouncing and dancing to musical Sesame Street clips on You Tube. He did a lot of babbling and "talking" today as well.

The attending physician said that in order to be discharged, the blood and urine cultures will have to be negative for 48 hours, he will have to be fever free for 48 hours, and his blood counts will have to be above a certain level. So far the cultures are negative, he's had no fever, and his counts are slowly rising, so as long as tnings continue as they are now, the doctor thinks we'll get to go home tomorrow, or Saturday at the latest.

When I was giving Collin his sponge bath tonight, I realized that his eyelashes are falling out. It's such a bummer, because he had very long, beautiful eyelashes. I hope they are just as nice when they grow back!

No comments:

Post a Comment