Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saturday & Sunday, July 10 & 11

The weekend was pretty quiet. Saturday, our pediatrician came by to see how Collin was doing, and again seemed pleased with the progress Collin has made since the last time he saw him. He was amazed to see Collin sit on his new little motorcycle and push the button that turns the bike on and off. His balance while sitting on the bike has already improved. He also saw Collin have a little snack, and was impressed at how Collin took the spoon from my hand to feed himself, and he could see that Collin was pleased to be able to drink by himself using the bottle. Collin is at the age where he wants to do things himself, and he is proud when he can accomplish that.

Sunday I ran a few errands by myself to get out of the house a little bit, and then made sure the things we will need to take to the hospital were ready. Sunday evening I gave his last dose of oral chemo at home. We have an appointment at the outpatient clinic in the morning, and will then be admitted to the hospital from there so Collin can be given some of the chemo meds that require closer monitoring. Hopefully we should be able to come home Wednesday.

This weekend I couldn't help but think of what we were doing this time last summer. My parents were visiting from Houston, and we had a family reunion to celebrate my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. We had so much fun, and my biggest worry at the time was whether we'd pull off surprising my Dad, and whether it would rain the day of the party. I had no idea how much life would change a year later, and I wish we could just go back to that simpler time.

No comments:

Post a Comment