Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday, June 6

Note: I am finally updating after a long week. I have just posted the entries for the last 6 days.

The second half of last night wasn't as calm. Collin threw up some formula twice, and then later seemed very uncomfortable again. Nothing seemed to help, so a dose of Morphine was given. He finally fell back to sleep. In the middle of the morning, after another period of being uncomfortable, crying, rolling all over his bed, etc., he finally pooped. I'll spare you the details; let's just say I'm sure it was painful. But finally after that he seemed a lot more comfortable. I was relieved because the chemo drugs can be very constipating, so for him to start round two that way would have been worrisome. The day was calm and relaxed, and Collin seemed pretty drowsy. A nurse told me that once his body gets more used to the Risperdal, he'll get the benefit of being calmer without being so drowsy, which seems ideal.

We tried going for another stroll around the hospital, but Collin became a bit fussy, so we came back to the room. He dozed for a bit, but then had fun playing with his sister. He had another episode where he seemed uncomfortable, but he was given Simethicone to help with gas, and he seemed to calm down almost instantly. He's now sleeping very peacefully, so I hope he stays that way all night. It was a rough week, so it was nice to have a calmer weekend before round two of chemo starts tomorrow.




2 comments:

  1. So sorry it was such a difficult week. As an aside, I had to laugh when I read about the Tadoodles... they suck, it's impressive that Collin stuck with them! In theory they seem like they should be great, but you absolutely have to hold them perfectly to get them to work. Grace hated them and for some reason she always, always bit the tips off of them... I think it was because of the hatred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim said:
    Glad things are calming done some. I try to read the updates daily. Thanks for taking the time to keep all of us informed. I hope all goes well with the 2nd round of chemo.

    ReplyDelete