Monday, June 14, 2010

Saturday & Sunday, June 12 & 13

Chemo Round 2, Days 5 & 6

The weekend was nice and quiet. I requested one dose of Morphine each night when Collin woke up and was uncomfortable, but each time he was able to calm down and get back to sleep after the dose was given. Since he can't tell me what is wrong, it's impossible to know what he's feeling, and although I'm never sure if the Morphine is what he needs, or the right thing to do, I just know he doesn't need to suffer, so that's how I make the decision. I worry about withdrawal, but I guess we'll cross that bridge if/when we get there. If it helps him calm down and seem more comfortable, I'm guessing it's what he needs.

Collin continued to be eager and enthusiastic about eating over the weekend. It's such a nice thing to see! He played with some toys, and enjoyed playing with Neya when she was here. I think his smile is getting a little bigger and more noticeable; I noticed Sunday that when he was laughing, he looked like he was laughing, as opposed to the more limited facial expression he had before.

It does seem thst the mucositis has started again. At times he sounds very junky when he's breathing, and when he vomits it's mostly mucus coming up. So far his mouth doesn't seem sore, but that may still come. The physician warned me that in the next few days Collin's interest in and ability to eat may decrease as the mucositis worsens.

No comments:

Post a Comment