Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday, August 4

Chemo Round 4, Day 1

Thankfully, we were able to get more rest last night. Collin had a good day; although there were a few times he sounded like he was going to throw up this morning, he never did, and he was enthusiastic about breakfast (although he didn't really eat that much). He had fun during his OT and PT sessions; to him (and me) his therapy sessions feel like fun visits with old friends; he is very comfortable with his therapists and is always excited to see them. He seemed excited when the lunch tray came, and he was feeding himself a little bit, but then he was given his 12:00 pm dose of Benadryl (for nausea) and promptly fell asleep in the high chair. I cleaned him up and put him to bed. He slept for a little while, but then woke up screaming; I was not able to calm him down and he screamed at the top of his lungs for about 30 minutes. Finally he just calmed down. I still don't know what the cause was; we wondered whether he had a bad dream or a night terror. It reminded me of the episodes he had when he was going through the Morphine withdrawal; I hope it was an isolated incident! After he calmed down, he sat with me, nursed a little, and we both took a little nap. This evening we did get him out to see the therapy dog for a few minutes, and it was nice to get out of the room. He got upset when we came back to the room and kept pointing to the door, like he was trying to tell me he wanted to leave. He threw up once this evening, but overall seemed to feel pretty good all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment