Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday, August 5

Chemo Round 4, Day 2

Today was a pretty good day. Collin was a bit fussy this morning, I think partly because his left eye was patched for a while, and it's harder for him to see out of the right eye. Despite being fussy, he participated in his therapy sessions; his Speech Therapist did a standardized test of his receptive language today. She had talked to me yesterday about doing the test, and explained that she had no concerns about his receptive skills (nor did I) but that she wanted to do the test so it was officially in his file. So after the test today, she said he scored at 19 months, which is exactly where he should be. Collin continues to try to repeat things I say (when it suits him of course!) Today I tried to get him to say "I love you Neya" while they were playing together this afternoon. He tried a few times, and had the syllables and tone of voice the same way I said it. Then all of a sudden, the next time he tried, he said "Love you Neya" as clear as a bell! Neya, my Mom, Bill's mom and I looked at each other in shock, like none of us were really sure we heard him right! It was great!

1 comment: