Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday, August 1

The weekend has flown by, and tomorrow will be here way too soon. I spent the weekend trying to get everything done that I wanted or needed to do before we go back into the hospital tomorrow. Saturday my mom and I took Neya shopping for school clothes; we were successful and I think she's in pretty good shape for school. She has her clothes and her lunchbox; the list of school supplies she'll need hasn't come yet, so Bill will have to take her shopping for those. And maybe some shoes. But at least he doesn't have to worry about clothes shopping. Today my mom and I cleaned up the house, I made sure everything was packed, we ran some other errands, and I got my hair cut so I don't have to worry about it for a while. I also bought a folding high chair to take to the hospital. There's no guarantee that they'll have one available to use, if they do they aren't the cleanest things around, and they don't fold, so they are constantly in the way. I got an inexpensive one, but it will take up less room, and it should be more comfortable for Collin to use since it has the cushioned seat cover that comes with it (the hospital ones don't). I think it will get a lot of use over the next few months!

Collin has been a great eater this weekend. Last night he woke up fussing, and I wondered if the tube feed was too much on top of what he had eaten for dinner, so I put it on hold for a bit, but then never woke up to put it back on. Today he ate more like he used to before he got sick, so I think tonight I'm going to cut the feed in half again and see how he does with it.

Well, I'm going to try to get a good night's sleep in my own bed; it'll be the last time I'll be able to for a while! :-(

1 comment:

  1. I know it has to stink going back to the hospital, but every day that goes by means you're that much closer to the end of his chemo days. You'll make it through!

    ReplyDelete