Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday, April 26


Early Monday afternoon, we were moved into a semi private room in the Pediatric Intermediate Care Unit (PIMCU or IMC). Collin seemed to be moving around a little more on his own, and grabbing at things. He began some physical and occupational therapy, which would help him be able to hold his head up on his own, track with his eyes, start using his right side more (he had been favoring his right side and moving his right arm and leg less since the surgery), etc. Later that afternoon he managed to turn himself onto his stomach. I repositioned him in the crib because I thought maybe he was uncomfortable, but then he tried to get up again. I realized he was trying to get to me, so I held him. That evening I had planned on sitting in the rocker and holding and nursing Collin as long as I could; when the night nurse realized this, she got us a junior bed so I could lay next to him and nurse him and comfort him. It made things slightly more normal for us, and we managed to get a few hours of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment