Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday, January 9 - Day +88

Collin and I have a busy week coming up! He has two therapy appointments each day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. On Thursday he has his next MRI, and on Friday we have clinic appointments with his oncologist and neurosurgeon. He's doing so well and isn't exhibiting any symptoms that would indicate any problems, so the rational side of me says there's no reason to think the MRI would show anything negative; but there's another part of me that worries that the fact that he is doing so well is too good to be true and I should be prepared for the worst. I know every parent of cancer warriors feels overwhelming anxiety before each MRI (dubbed "scanxiety"); I'm trying to think positively for Collin and not to let worry get the best of me.

I have spent the last few weekends trying to get our house back in shape. I have cleaned out and/or reorganized the basement playroom and storage areas, and have moved on to closets in the rest of the house. I have thrown some things away, and passed a lot of other things on to others who can use them. I have been able to put away most of the medical supplies that seemed to take over large areas of space in certain rooms; once I'm sure we won't need them anymore, I will get rid of them as well. I spent 75% of 2010 dealing with cancer and very little else, so now I feel like I'm taking back a little of the control that cancer took away. It's a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment