Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday, May 4

The neurosurgeon said that today he feels better about how Collin is doing than he felt yesterday. Another CT scan will be done tomorrow to decide once and for all whether to place a shunt.

For the second night in a row, there was an admission in the middle of the night in the PICU bed next to Collin's. The activity woke me up and seemed to overstimulate Collin a bit. I had been told by a nurse that ideally, because of the brain surgery, Collin should be in a cool, darker, quiet environment, so I asked if there was any way that he could be moved to one of the empty rooms at either end of the PICU.  Later that day we were moved to the semi-private room.

I left the hospital for a few hours to get my eyeglasses fixed and go shopping for some comfortable clothes to live in in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment