Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Guardian Knights Motorcycle Club

As you probably know, one of the blessings we have received along Collin's journey has been the amazing kindness and support from the Guardian Knights Motorcycle Club. This past September, they held a fundraising ride, called an Iron Butt Ride, in which participants rode 1000 miles, from Harrisburg, PA to Lexington, KY and back, in 24 hours.

I had very much wanted to be there to see the riders off and to welcome them home, but it wasn't possible since Collin, Neya, and I were still in Houston when the ride took place. Today I got to read the account of the whole event, from the idea, through the planning, to the ride itself, written by Guardian Kight Rick Cagno. Once again, I am humbled by the incredible dedication and generosity of people around us. I had no idea the amount of time and effort that went into this event, and I don't know how to begin to thank John, Rick, and this wonderful group of people for all they have done for Collin and our family. Take a few minutes to read Rick's blog entry...you'll be glad you did.

http://rcagno2010.blogspot.com/p/collin-1000.html


No comments:

Post a Comment