Friday, April 15, 2011

A huge sigh of relief!

I just read an update on Caiden, and couldn't wait to share! From his mom:

"Wow what a stressful week! First I want to share some great news; the nurse had misinformed me on the diagnosis that I had shared with every one of the dreaded Pseudomonas aeruginosa. The results were still inconclusive when she shared that diagnosis (although I didn’t know that). The two bacteria have some similar traits so that is what the doctors were suspecting and sharing with everyone at rounds. It turns out that it is a much nicer bacterium called Klebsiella which is commonly found in the mouth and gut. However it did make it to his bloodstream which caused him to become very ill with Klebsiella Sepsis. We are now back home with an oral antibiotic and Caiden is recovering nicely. Thanks to everyone for your prayers, they worked! All our love!"



No comments:

Post a Comment