Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday, November 1 - Day +19

Overall, today was a good day. Collin's morning dose of Risperdone was held to see how he would be without it; he was more awake, alert, and interactive today. He smiled, laughed, played a little, and watched some of his favorite music videos. And, he didn't have any of the tremors he had last Monday. He had a little juice from a spoon this morning, but the rest of the day didn't seem to have any interest in eating or drinking anything. His dose of Morphine was reduced, and he still seems comfortable. His weight and belly circumference have come down a little more, and most of his labs looked pretty good today. Unfortunately tonight he is running a low grade fever, so the usual blood cultures will be drawn, and he'll most likely be started back on the IV broad-spectrum antibiotics.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, good!!! Thanks for taking the time to give us an update, sweetheart!

    I'm available when you need me!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for your princey fellow daily . I am so glad things are looking better. I am in awe of the fight you and Collin are putting up against this monster called cancer. I know how difficult it is to blog in the midst of treatment and complications . Thank you for the effort you make to share Collins story . I find it inspiring as I walk this journey with my grand dtr receiving treatment for medulloblastoma at St. Jude . Praying for us all to receive miracles .

    hugs to you all,
    Susan Guy
    susandguy@yahoo.com
    caringbridge/breehaga

    ReplyDelete
  3. We continue to pray fervently for him! How about some of those Bar-B-Q chips?! :)

    Love to you ALL!

    ReplyDelete