Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday, October 23 - Day +10

Collin had a good night and rested comfortably for most of it. Early this morning he woke up crying and had some extra Morphine. After looking at his labs and seeing his white blood cell count, I'm thinking he's having the bone pain from Neupogen and engraftment. He's off the Neupogen now, but his marrow is working hard to push out the white blood cells; I think they have doubled every 12 hours or so. His belly girth is a cm smaller, and he's had some really wet diapers after this morning's dose of Lasix. And the Defibrotide is infusing right now! His kidneys are doing fine, and his liver is slightly improved...his bilirubin is down a tiny bit which happened last night on its own, and it's still within normal limits. He is on very little O2, and they will try again to see if he can maintain his sats above 94 on room air today. He was smiling at me this morning, and wanted to sit up. He is very alert, looking around right now, and seems comfortable. The nurses here have been as wonderful as they were in April, and the PICU docs just rounded on him and I sat in on it. I was able to follow along with no problem, and when I asked questions I think I sounded like I know what's going on. His nurse this morning asked me if I had a medical background! I said just on-the-job training...

We will be going back home to our family in the hem/onc wing later today! :o)

3 comments:

  1. Bless this Little Child, Lord!!!

    Lord, Look down from heaven above
    and touch this special child with Love,
    Protect and Guide this little one
    Till each and every day is done:
    Remind us often that it's true:
    This little life is a gift from you.
    A miracle you've sent our way!
    Lord Bless this little child today.

    This prayer was given to us when my boys were in Hershey. I left it by their bed so I and everyone else could say it. Hoping it comforts you and your family.

    God Bless,
    Kris
    A friend of a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you guys. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete