Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday, October 16 - Day +3

Collin has had a fever on and off throughout last night and today. He is on the broad-spectrum antibiotics, and is getting Tylenol for the fevers. Despite the fevers, his day was better than I expected it to be. His mouth doesn't seem to be any worse, and he didn't seem to be uncomfortable or need Morphine today. He still has some diarrhea, but no vomiting. He ate a few bites of food for breakfast and dinner today, and had short periods of time when he wanted to sit up and play with toys. Overall he didn't seem any worse today than he did yesterday; I am surprised but grateful!

Today I met the mother of a beautiful little boy named Caiden, sixteen months old, who is undergoing his first round of chemo and having a rough time. Please keep him and his family in your prayers!

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear Collin kept his food down!! We will pray for Caiden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad he is no worse, that is a blessing in itself. Thank you for your prayers.

    God bless,
    Caidens Mommy Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, If I had to go thru what you've gone thru, YOU are the mom I'd want to meet in the hospital. You have researched and learned so much. You are an amazing advocate for Collin and all of these beautiful children. I know this is something you wish you didn't have to go thru but I am certain you will use it to help others. I've said it before and I'll say it again...you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura Leisner LenanderOctober 17, 2010 at 10:52 PM

    I will add Caiden to my prayers. I also have a friend who has a friend with a little girl going through the same thing. She was just diagnosed. I passed along your blog address hoping she can draw some strength from you. You have been such an incredible inspiration for me as a mom with all you do and the dedication you have to your children.
    I am praying Collin does well through this all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto what Dawn said. I know God will use you to be such an encouragement to others going through the same battle! I'm glad Collin was better than you were expecting. We'll add Caiden to our prayers.
    Tesha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn,
    Thank you for the continuous updates. You have been in our prayers non-stop. I'm so glad to hear Collin is doing better than expected. (Still interested in food and playing a little). We will add Caiden to our prayers and thoughts. Happy 22nd month Collin!
    Jody

    ReplyDelete