Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday, September 26

I spent the weekend cleaning the house, as it has to be cleaned very thoroughly for Collin to come home to after his next hospitalization. Saturday, Neya and I cleaned the basement playroom, and then I packed up any of Collin's toys from the living room that can't be easily wiped clean. I also thoroughly cleaned the refrigerator. Today, Neya and I cleaned her and Collin's bedrooms, dusting everything and vacuuming floors, curtains, and stuffed animals. Bill and I moved the washer and dryer to clean around and under them, and then I cleaned the insides as well so I can start washing all of the clothes that we will bring to the hospital. There is a lot more to do to get the house ready, and there's no way I will be able to get it all done by myself before going to the hospital next Monday; thankfully we will have help from family and friends over the next few weeks to get everything ready for Collin's homecoming. It's hard to ask for help with things I am used to doing myself, and the words "thank you" will never be enough. We are blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives!

Tomorrow, everyone has the opportunity to help find a cure for pediatric cancer by eating at Chili's. All day on Monday, September 27th, Chili's restaurant will donate 100% of their proceeds to St. Judes Hospital for cancer research. This is ANY Chili's in the U.S.! What a great reason to get out of cooking for the night, or get friends together for lunch. It is a fun and easy way to help make a difference for these children!

1 comment:

  1. Since Teri told me about Collin, you all have been (and will continue to be) in my prayers and the prayers of others here. I can't begin to imagine how difficult this is for your family.

    May God keep you in the palm of his hand.

    Angie L

    ReplyDelete