Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Collin had his quarterly MRI today. Originally he was given an 8 am timeslot, but we got a call last night that the MRI machine had broken, and they pushed  him back to 9:30 am. I called before leaving the house this morning, and thankfully the part needed for repair was flown in and got to the hospital this morning, and the technician was almost done fixing the machine. I was worried about how Collin would react when I told him he couldn't eat breakfast, but he handled it pretty well.

In the MRI waiting room, Collin looked like he was going to cry, but he leaned his head against mine and stayed strong. I managed to distract him, but seeing him nervous made me want to cry. I was so proud of how brave he was! Then when the anesthesiologist put the mask over Collin's face that would deliver the gas to put him to sleep, he kept saying "shirt, shirt." He was concerned about his Wiggles t-shirt that I had taken off so the anesthesiologist could access his mediport once he was asleep! After the MRI as Collin was waking up, the nurse asked if Collin is always so calm and easygoing, because he wasn't fussing much, he was just cuddly and asking to get dressed.

Once Collin was being put into the MRI machine, I headed up to the 7th floor to visit our nurses. I also ran into little Sean's dad. Sean is doing well, and should be completely done with his treatments in October. Their journey has been even longer than ours; please continue to keep Sean and his family in your prayers!

I didn't expect to get any MRI results until sometime this evening, but our oncologist's nurse called this afternoon. The MRI was ALL CLEAR!!! I can't stop smiling, I am so happy and relieved! Thank you for all of your prayers and positive thoughts! Please keep them going for all of the kids in this fight, their families, and the dedicated doctors and nurses that care for them!

2 comments:

  1. WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!! So sorry I missed you...

    Love,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm truly inspired by all of this! What a precious child and story you guys have..and your attitude is amazing! We just said a prayer for your family!! Scott Bennett

    ReplyDelete